07 October 2019
References to the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). e-Visa China (‘e-Visa China’, ‘we’, “our”, or ‘us’) is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
In the fact that people send us visa applications, the basis for this agreement lies in taking care of visas and the processing of personal data.
e-Visa China reserves the right, at any time, to modify this Privacy Statement. If we make revisions that change the way we collect, use, or share personal information, we will post these changes in this Privacy Statement. You should review this Privacy Statement periodically so that you keep up to date on our most current policies and practices.
The information we collect
By using our websites and/or our services we may collect and request information from you, which might includes your name, title, company, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address and service payment details.
If e-Visa China is handling your visa matter, additional information may be requested by the application forms of your destination country. These additional items can include personal and family information, employment information, country of birth and other personal information. As required by relevant visa or governmental authorities, such additional sensitive information can include ethnicity, race, religion, trade union membership, health related information, biometrics and information about criminal history.
With what purpose and on the basis of what we process personal data
e-Visa China processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Arranging visas
- To contact you if necessary to be able to provide our services
- Inform you about (changes to) our services or products
- Processing payments
EU global data protection regulation (GDPR) compliance statements
Lawful Basis for collecting personal information: e-Visa China collects and processes personal information in order to fulfil your visa request and our contract with you. This information is collected and processed in accordance with local laws, including GDPR regulations in the European Union. For those individuals to whom the GDPR applies, general personal information is collected and processed on the basis of the contract formed or to be formed between us, but the additional sensitive personal information is collected and processed under the lawful basis of consent. By placing the order and giving your consent, you are giving e-Visa China the following rights:
- The right to collect your personal information;
- The right to process your personal information;
- The right to share your personal information with third party providers and government entities as needed, such as Government Authorities, Visa Application Centers, Logistics Companies, Invitation Providers and/or Translators/Solicitors relevant to your request for services;
- You maintain the right to revoke consent at any time.
The right to have your personal information erased: At any time, you have the right to request that e-Visa China erases the personal information you have provided to us. e-Visa China will erase any data as long as it is legally allowed according to the laws and regulations of the countries in which we operate. E-Visa China will keep your personal data until after your return from China.
You have the following extra rights:
- Receive an explanation of what personal data we have and what we do with it
- Access to the precise personal data that we have
- Have errors corrected
- Have obsolete personal data removed
- Withdraw consent
- Object to a certain use of your date
- Please note that you must always clearly state who you are, so that we know for sure that we will not modify or delete data from the wrong person
Protecting your information
e-Visa China takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you have the impression that your data is not secure or there are indications of abuse, please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org. e-Visa China has taken the following measures to protect your personal data:
- Careful screening and guidance of staff;
- Professional guidance of the IT structure;
- Security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall;
- TLS (formerly SSL). We send your data via a secure internet connection. You can see this at the address bar “https: //” and the green padlock in the address bar;
- SPF as internet standard to prevent you from receiving e-mails containing viruses, spam or intended to obtain personal (login) data.
Deleting your information
e-Visa China will not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected or provided by you.
How to opt-out for further communication
We provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further communications from us at their request. To opt-out of further communications contact us by email at email@example.com.
Links to other websites
This site may contain links to other sites. e-Visa China is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these websites before transmitting any personal identifiable information to third parties. Information collected by the third party is not governed by this Privacy Statement. Any link to a website owned by a third party does not constitute an endorsement, approval, association, sponsorship or affiliation with the linked site unless specifically stated.
- We use Google Analytics to keep track of how visitors use our website. We have made a processing agreement with Google. It contains strict agreements about what they can keep. We have not allowed Google to use the obtained Analytics information for other Google services. We let Google anonymize the IP addresses.
Personal information from children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age without guidance. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Changes to this privacy statement
When our website changes, we must of course also adjust our privacy statement. Always pay attention to the date above and check regularly for new versions. We will do our best to announce changes separately.
3047 BB Rotterdam
Tel.: +31 6 3081 6465
3053 BL Rotterdam
The data protection officer is Ms I. Elema