What if I can’t leave China before my visa expires?

In this case you’ll have to alert the local authorities and apply for a visa extension, which cannot however surpass 30 days. You’ll have to present your application, directly or through an authorized agency at the Office for the Exit and Entry Administration of the local Public Security Bureau.